Follow us on twitter

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

"We Want to Have Ready Replacements For Aging Talents" – Keshi

Abuja - Stephen Keshi, the Super Eagles Head Coach, on Wednesday said he would continue to invite new players to the team to ensure cohesion and continuity.
Keshi disclosed this at an interactive session with newsmen in Abuja, where he revealed that the invitation of five new players to the team was a deliberate act.

The coach added that the team could not remain static because of its AFCON feat in South Africa.
"We have a lot of young, good players out there that are hungry to play for this country, and you just need to encourage them to boost their morale.
"We cannot keep relying on older players every day, with an eye in the future, we want to move forward so that we can have ready replacements for aging talents.
"We won't say because this group of players won the Nations Cup, therefore, they will remain there forever, while we have two or three good players out there." he said.
Meanwhile, some of the newly-invited players said that they were overawed by the development.
Taofeek Adepeju a 3SC FC of Ibadan player said that he was so happy about the development, especially at the prospect of teaming up with the likes of Sunday Mba and Godfrey Oboabona.
He added that he would do his best if given the opportunity to play for the country.
"It will really motivate me because they got their chance (Oboabona and Mba) and they utilised it and that is an inspiration for me.
"If I get any chance, I will grab it with both hands and I am very optimistic that if given the chance, I will do my best."
Ayo Saka of Enyimba FC of Aba also said that he had been invited to the national team before, and that he would take advantage of the new opportunity.
Saka said that he was not under any form of pressure, adding that if other domestic league players could perform the way they did; he was confident of doing same.
"I am happy and i will say so far so good, things are moving on the way they should, in fact, I am enjoying it so far.
"Playing for the national team is not different from my club side. I just need to put in my best because this is not my first time but I am just being given another opportunity.
"I will put in my best because Mba and the others have given us the confidence and showed us the way," he added.
In the same vein, Ajiboye Oladele, also of 3SC, told NAN that it was not his first time of being invited to the camp of the Super Eagles.
"I am so happy because i am not the best among the list of invited players, that was why I said I did not expect the invitation," he said.
"Honestly, I was very glad having the invitation but I know by the grace of God, I will make it through.
"I have learnt from the likes of Mba and Oboabona because when I see them, I feel we are together since they are domestic league players like me," Oladele added. (NAN)



 
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook: LA2LAGOS on Facebook
Don’t forget to follow us on twitter: LA2LAGOS on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment