Follow us on twitter

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Flying Eagles Will Conquer Africa – Siasia

Super Eagles’ former chief coach, Samson Siasia, has expressed confidence that the John Obuh-tutored Flying Eagles would do well in the imminent Africa Youth Championship, urging them to do everything humanly possible to qualify for the world stage.

The erstwhile Dream Team handler, fielding questions from Daily Sunsports in Abuja recently, indicated interest in handling the national team, stressing that having learnt his lessons from not qualifying the Super Eagles for the Nations Cup, he would return to the national team better equipped.
On the Flying Eagles campaigning in the AYC, Siasia said: “I want to advise Coach Obuh that he is on a tough terrain, especially in trying to put these boys together. However, the good thing is that he has been doing very well. I have to applaud him, wish him the best of luck and pray he hopefully qualify for the world stage. I think the team will not disappoint Nigerians and I wish them well.”
Asked if he has changed his mind in coming back to take up a national team’s job, the World Cup Coach, as friends and well wishers fondly call him said: “Well, since Amodu Shaibu came back to coach the national team four times, why can’t I come back. When the time is ripe, I will certainly come back.
“I want to think that those days are over and I have learnt from the mistake of not qualifying for the Nations Cup. It was painful, but I just have to move on with my life and concentrate on my football academy programmes. I have been concentrating in helping the young ones until I have the opportunity of coming back to handle a national team again,” he quipped.
He also joined the debate on whether the Super Eagles squad is now a team, submitting: “Keshi is still building and it takes more than a year or two to have a formidable team.
“Now that he has won AFCON trophy, he has to move on with the same style, pattern or whatever he did to actually succeed. He must adopt elimination by substitution to have a stronger team. My advice to him is to stick to what he did to win the Nations Cup because whatever he did to achieve the feat may be the right thing.”
What are his fears for Super Eagles not qualifying for the World Cup, he replied: “I think the most important thing is to qualify for the World Cup because the Confederations Cup is ceremonial. World Cup is very important, but we will try to do well in the Confederations Cup because it is always a build up to the World Cup.”



Don’t forget to like us on Facebook: LA2LAGOS on Facebook
Don’t forget to follow us on twitter: LA2LAGOS on Twitter

 

No comments:

Post a Comment